4 Days Mount Meru Climbing
From US PP
About this tour
Mount Meru is the best for acclimatization prior to Mount Kilimanjaro climbing; The Mountain is the third highest peak in Africa and is the second highest mountain in Tanzania at 4,568m.
The mountain is located within Arusha National Park, Tanzania’s gem. This prime location gives trekkers the chance to spot some of wildlife that inhabits the area.
Arrival & Departure
From US Per Person Sharing
Arusha – Mount Meru
- Park fees
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Rescue fee
- Climbing gear
- International flights (From/to home)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$25.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
What to Expect
Even with its incredible views, scenery and wildlife, Meru is often overlooked due to its location. 70km away stands Meru’s big brother – Kilimanjaro. This means that most international visitors will either visit Meru as a secondary destination or warmup whilst some visitors will ignore it altogether. Although to climb Mount Meru as a warmup for Kilimanjaro is by no means a bad idea, Meru is a stunning trek by itself!
Lying within Arusha National Park, the lower reaches of Mount Meru are amazingly rich in wildlife. You are almost certain to see monkeys, warthogs, buffaloes and a wide array of birds and, if you’re lucky, elephants and giraffes! The crater rim walk is a spectacular hike and the 360 degree views from the summit of Meru are not to be missed, especially as you can see Kilimanjaro!
Another bonus of climbing Mount Meru is the lack of crowds that can sometimes plague Kilimanjaro. As its little known brother, Meru is a fantastic way to avoid this and get stuck into a peaceful trek.
Day by day itinerary
Day 1: Arusha – Momella Gate (1500m) – Miriakamba Hut (2500m)
Day 2: Miriakamba Hut (2500m) – Saddle Hut (3550m)
Day 3: Saddle Hut – Socialist Peak (4562m) – Miriakamba Hut (2500m)
Day 4: Miriakamba Hut (2500m) – Momella Gate (1500m)
Other trips you may be interested in
Enquire this tour
Simply complete the form below or give us a call. We’ll get in touch within 24 hours to perfect your trip plan.